On Friday 15 and Saturday 16 December 2017, we are opening our doors for FREE to National Lottery players.
We are one of 400 participating National Lottery funded visitor attractions across the UK who are saying ‘thanks’ to people who have raised money for good causes, including ours, by buying a lottery ticket.
Anyone who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard on the 15th and 16th of December gets FREE ENTRY to the museum AND a 10% discount in the gift shop.
The museum’s £1.4 million redevelopment in 2014 was partially funded by a £974,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive of the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), said, “December is a wonderful time to experience the UK’s rich, diverse and exciting heritage, which has been transformed by more than £7bn National Lottery funding since 1994. This is a small gesture of thanks and a way of giving something back to the people who buy tickets.”
View the map of ‘thank you’ attractions during the weeklong scheme from Monday 11 December.
About The National Lottery
National Lottery players raise, on average, over £30 million each week for projects all over the country. In total £37 billion has been raised for Good Causes since The National Lottery began in 1994 and more than 510,000 individual grants have been made across the UK, the majority (70 per cent) of which are for £10,000 or less, helping small projects make a big difference in their community!
Terms and Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry to the museum for the holder and one additional visitor
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including scratchcards
- The offer is valid for museum admission on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 December between 10am and 4.30pm
- The museum has the right to refuse entry should the building reach capacity
- 10% gift shop discount applies to a single transaction in the shop on the 15th and 16th of December