Applications are being sought for the position of Marketing & Communications Manager of The Green Howards Museum.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, the Green Howards Museum is based in the centre of Richmond, North Yorkshire. It tells the amazing personal stories of the soldiers who served with the Green Howards regiment, which was formed in 1688, and houses the regiment’s collection of rare uniforms, medals, kit equipment, art, silver and personal. Set over 3 floors, the museum was completely refurbished in 2014.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager at the Green Howards Museum, you will be developing and delivering marketing campaigns to increase the awareness of this dynamic museum in the market town of Richmond, North Yorkshire, and boost audience engagement to help grow our revenue-generating activities. The marketing strategy will enable the museum to deliver against its targets, as well as promoting the museum’s exhibitions and events.
With an eye for a good story and a proven track record of creating impactful marketing and PR campaigns, the candidate will be a creative self-starter with a sound commercial awareness. Attention to detail and a proven ability to deliver consistently high-quality content are essential.
You will be in charge of the design, planning, implementation and evaluation of the marketing and communications strategy, which will involve all aspects of communication including PR, marketing, advertising, social media, newsletters, and the website.
The role includes:
- Developing, executing, and evaluating a marketing strategy for the museum
- Managing the budget for all elements of communications
- Managing the branding of the museum
- Creating content for, and updating, the Green Howards Museum’s website and social media platforms
- Liaising with partnership organisations to promote the museum and the local area (such as Welcome to Richmond)
- Supporting the Head of Collections and Researcher with interpretation development for exhibitions (both in the museum and on-line)
- Supporting the Retail & Events Manager with the promotion of events and the museum shop
- Conducting visitor evaluations
- Reporting to the Trustees
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing plans and delivering marketing campaigns across different platforms and collateral (e.g. print, digital, online, social and e-marketing)
- Knowledge of data capture techniques and data analytics
- Ability to set and manage an accurate budget
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with great attention to detail / strong proof-reading skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills, preferably with a knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and Canva.
- Willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings
Salary: £27,000 – £29,000 pro rata
Hours: 14 hours per week
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays pro rata
To apply please send your application with a c.v. to [email protected]
Deadline is 01/02/2024.