Introducing students to historical objects from the museum’s collection. Explaining the role of museums in remembering, and interpreting the past. Curating a mini exhibition.
• Explore a range of objects from the museum’s handling collection
• Form valid historical questions to help select objects to tell a story
• Explain their selections and interpret these objects to curate a mini exhibition
Resources involved: items from the museum collection, labelling and interpretation.
• A better understanding of museums, of why they exist and how their collections evolve
• Learn how to ask valid historical questions
• Develop communication and presentation skills
• An understanding that objects offer something different to the historian or general observer when compared to written sources